From this page you can view our detailed accounts, annual governance statement and annual audit letters, alongside other financial information including our credit rating.
Annual accounts and governance statement
Statement of Accounts
Each year we produce a Statement of Accounts which provides information about the cost of our services and any income we have received, as well as the liabilities and assets we held at the end of the financial year.
The Statement of Accounts consists of the GLA single entity accounts and the GLA Group accounts which consolidates the accounts of the GLA and its subsidiaries.
The unaudited accounts are published by 31 May. The audited accounts are then published by 31 July.
The accounts are available for inspection by London residents for 30 working days. We publish a notice on this page at least 14 days before the inspection period begins.
We also publish financial statements for GLA Holdings and GLA Land and Property. Both are limited companies wholly owned by the GLA. Their principal activities are the purchase, sale and development of land or property and the holding of land or property for capital growth or rental.
They ensure our tax affairs in respect of these activities are managed properly and efficiently.
Annual Governance Statement (AGS)
The AGS is a an important element of ensuring and demonstrating good governance. It explains the processes and procedures in place to enable us to carry out our functions effectively, efficiently and in accordance with the law and proper standards.
The statement is produced following a review of our governance arrangements and it includes actions to address any significant governance issues identified.
As part of the process of preparing and finalising the statement, it is presented to the Assembly's Audit Panel and GLA Oversight Committee for comment before being signed off by the Mayor and Chief of Staff.
Until 2010/11 the AGS was published within the Statement of Accounts. Since 2011/12 it has been published as a separate document.
Annual Audit Letter
The Annual Audit Letter highlights the key issues arising from the External Auditor’s work over the year, including from their review of our financial statements. In it, the auditor also makes a 'value for money conclusion'; that is, whether the we have proper arrangements to secure economy, efficiency and effectiveness in our use of resources.
Appointment of Auditor
THE LOCAL AUDIT AND ACCOUNTABILITY ACT 2014 and THE LOCAL AUDIT
(APPOINTING PERSON) REGULATIONS 2015
As required by the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014, the Authority gives notice of the re-appointment of Ernst and Young LLP to audit the accounts of the Greater London Authority for five years, for the accounts from 2018/19 to 2022/23. This appointment is made under regulation 13 of the Local Audit (Appointing Person) Regulations 2015 and was approved by the Public Sector Audit Appointments Board at its meeting on 14 December 2017.
- Notice of 2018/19 Public Inspection of Accounts
- GLA Statement of Accounts 2018/19 - Audited
- GLA Land & Property Ltd Financial Statements 2018/19 - Unaudited
- GLA Holdings Ltd Financial Statements 2018/19 - Unaudited
- GLA Annual Audit Result Report 2018/19
- Annual Governance Statement 2018/19 - Signed
- Annual Governance Statement 2018/19 - Unsigned with links
- Notice of 2017/18 Public Inspection of Accounts
- The GLA Audited Statement of Accounts 2017/18
- Annual Governance Statement 2017/18
- GLA Land and Property Ltd Financial Statements 2017/18
- GLA Holdings Ltd Financial Statements 2017/18
- GLA Annual Audit Results Report 2017/18
- GLA Group Summary Statement of Accounts 2017/18 Audited
- GLA Statement of Accounts 2016/17
- Notice of Certification of Conclusion of Audit 2016/17
- Annual Audit Results Report 2016/17
- GLA Annual Audit Letter 2016/17
- GLA Land and Property Ltd Financial Statements 2016/17
- Greater London Authority Holdings Ltd Financial Statements 2016/17
- Notice of 2016/17 Public Inspection of Accounts
- Annual Governance Statement
- GLA Group Summary Statement of Accounts 2016/17 audited
- GLA Statement of Accounts 2015-16
- Notice of Certification of Conclusion of Audit 2015-16
- GLA Annual Audit Letter 2015-16
- GLA Land and Property Ltd Annual Report and Financial Statements 2015-16
- GLA Holdings Ltd Annual Report and Financial Statements 2015-16
- Public Inspection of Accounts Notice
- Signed Annual Governance Statement
- GLA Group Summary Statement of Account 2015/16
The GLA's Rating Agency is S&P Global Ratings. The GLA's credit rating is reviewed every six months, usually in March and September.
The March 2019 Research Update was issued on the 22 March 2019 and can be found under the link 'Current S&P Global Ratings Research Update'. This Research Update re-affirmed the GLA's long term issuer credit rating of 'AA' and the GLA's short term issuer crediting rating of 'A-1+'. In addition, it re-affirmed the GLA's outlook as 'Negative' reflecting that on the UK.
This re-affirmed rating of 'AA/A-1+; Outlook Negative' was originally set in the 2016 June GLA Research Update, and was a lowering of the GLA credit rating from its April 2016 rating of 'AA+/A-1+; Outlook Stable'. This June 2016 lower rating was a direct result of the lowering of the UK sovereign rating from 'AAA' to 'AA', following the UN's decision to leave the European Union on 23 June 2016.
If the GLA's credit rating had not been lowered in June 2016, it would have had a higher rating than the UK, and S&P Global Ratings does not believe that the institutional and financial framework allows U.K. local and regional governments to be rated above the sovereign.
Previous S&P Global Ratings Research Updates
- 2019 March S&P Rating GLA Finance Research Update
- 2018 March S&P Rating GLA Final Research
- 2017 September S&P GLA Finance Research Update
- 2016 October S&P GLA Final Research Update
- 2016 August S&P GLA Final research Update
- 2016 June S&P GLA Final Research Update
- 2016 April S&P GLA Final Research Update
- 2015 November S&P GLA Final Research Update
- 2015 May S&P GLA Final Research Update
- 2014 November S&P GLA Final Research Update
- 2014 May GLA S&P Final Research Update