Norbury Manor Primary School 2019/20
What problems were in your school and how did you identify them?
At the start of the journey, the school was graded no higher than Requires Improvement /Satisfactory by Ofsted for the last 15 years. Mobility of staff and pupils were high.
What actions did you take?
- Implemented RESPECT values that drive the school ethos
- Pupils are encouraged to become young leaders
- Implemented the Natural Norbury Curriculum
- A broad and balanced curriculum that includes enrichment opportunities
- I, WE, You teaching technique
- Accurate assessment of pupils’ strength and weaknesses that lead to targeted intervention for all pupils e.g. Chicken EAL programme, NMP SLCN and CPA
- Mentoring and Coaching programme for all teachers
- Active Maths
- Challenge Weeks
- Educators model their passions through the clubs they lead
- Rainbow events for good behaviour
- A pastoral care team that support parents and pupils
- Launching a Science lab
- SLT team became moderators for the local authority
What were the outcomes?
- 2017 Ofsted grade good with outstanding EYFS
- Stable staff
- Progress in the top 6% of London schools