MATT WINNING & JC COCCOLI - Climate Comedy as part of Deli Comedy Fest
Dr Matt Winning is a London-based Scottish comedian and environmental economist who can be seen as the environmental correspondent on Dave's 'Unspun with Matt Forde' and his climate podcast Operation Earth.
In 2017 and 2018 Matt performed sold out runs of his third and fourth solo shows 'Filibuster’ and ‘Climate Strange' at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe. Both were built as storytelling lectures and received considerable critical acclaim. Matt has a PhD in climate change policy and thus combined his two worlds of comedy and environmental economics in an attempt to help save the planet.
- ‘everything a Fringe show should be: hilarious, personal, inventive, and something that will stay with you for some time to come’ ★★★★★ (EdFestMag)
- 'Winning’s sharp wit and intelligence allows him to educate as he entertains' ★★★★ 1/2 (The Sunday Post)
- 'a very powerful and eccentric piece of comedy from Winning, who is sure to become one of the largest names in UK comedy very soon.' ★★★★ (ShortCom)
JC Coccoli is an American comedienne, writer and producer. Equally mindful and explosive, her award-winning productions come from the heart and are both engaging and cry your eyes out funny. Her TV background includes writing and producing for CBS, Comedy Central, FunnyorDie, HULU, Maker Studios, Lifetime, MTV and VH1. She has been a final contestant on NBC's Last Comic Standing and starred in the hit MTV sketch show 'Hey Girl.' In 2016 she was hired as the Supervising Producer of the live talk show: ‘Fashionably Late’, hosted by, Rachel Zoe. Since 2011, she has been a dedicated and passionate advocate for Women's Rights, working alongside Gloria Steinem and EqualityNow.org as a producer and events consultant. She has overseen live red carpet events for three of Equality Now's high-profile galas, in which she helped raise over 1 million dollars. Recently JC has worked side by side with Margaret Atwood on a collaboration for Equality Now and Handmaids Tale season 2. During this time these two worked together to create a subtle, yet effective message on justice, where it has successfully reached over 2 million views.
- "Her comedy could save the planet if we should listen" - Gloria Steinem
- "Funky and unafraid"- Vogue
Grab a drink and laugh your socks off this summer, as we bring big names to small spaces across the capital this July with Edinburgh Previews at our second annual Deli Comedy Festival!
Assistance dogs welcome