Non-confidential facts and advice to the Deputy Mayor for Policing and Crime (DMPC)
Introduction and background
1. The GLA procurement team is hosted by TfL and provides procurement services to all of the GLA functional bodies with the aim of delivering savings through economies of scale. The team focus on common categories if spend such as utilities, fuel, printing and office supplies.
Issues for consideration
2. MOPAC recognises that savings in 2015/16 have not been realised for MOPAC or the MPS, however, this investment will ensure there is future capability to deliver savings.
3. The £122,201 2015/16 contribution will be met from within existing MOPAC resources.
4. Funding for future years will be based on the level of savings generated with the contributions being met from with existing MPS resources.
5. The MOPAC Scheme of Delegation (paragraph 4.8) states the DMPC approval is required for any expenditure proposal of an exceptional nature which is significant as defined in paragraph1.4 which might otherwise be delegated or consented by this Scheme.
6. There is no equality impact.