Non-confidential facts and advice to the Deputy Mayor for Policing and Crime (DMPC)
Introduction and background
1. In support of the Police and Crime Plan commitment to reduce costs by 20% the DMPC considers all procurement activity which in accordance with the Scheme of Delegation requires his approval.
Issues for consideration
2. The following item is to be considered for approval:
Support of the future provision of contracts by the NCTPHQ, on behalf of the NDES. Due to the confidential nature of the proposal the detail is held in Part 2
3. The cost of the proposed contracts will be funded from within existing budgets.
4. Full details are contained in the attached reports.
5. The recommendation can be lawfully approved in accordance with MOPAC Contract Regulations and EU/UK Procurement law.
6. In accordance with the MOPAC Scheme of Delegation and Consent (4.8), the DMPC must approve all requests to go out to tender for contracts that exceed £500,000.
7. Full details are contained within the reports attached.
8. Suppliers will be assessed prior to entering into agreements to ensure they comply with relevant legislation. It will be the responsibility of user departments to ensure that the MPS Equality and Diversity policies are adhered to through the life of the contract.
9. Suppliers may be asked to sign up to the Diversity Works for London Programme which assesses suppliers against the Equality and Diversity framework.